Rahul Gaurav is a Researcher with a unique background of more than 7 years of work experience (mostly in Neuroimaging) in research centres of Paris, France, focusing on advanced brain image analysis in Neuroscience using cutting-edge tools of Artificial Intelligence such as Deep learning (Convolutional Neural Network).
Currently, he works with the Center for Neuroimaging Research (CENIR) and Movement, Investigations and Therapeutics (MOV'it) team of Paris Brain Institute (ICM), Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital, Paris.
He holds an MS thesis degree (Electronics Engineering, Image/Video Processing, 2 years) and a Bachelor of Technology degree (Electrical Engineering, 4 years).
His MS thesis was an extensive study on the assessment of the complexity of the human visual system and quality of video by conducting psychophysical experiments to study the relationship between perceptual objective quality metrics with subjective human judgment.
- Artificial Intelligence (Deep Learning)
- Neuroimaging (MRI)
- Image and Clinical Data Analysis
- Neurodegenerative Diseases (Parkinson’s Disease, REM Sleep Behavior Disorder)
Current Research Focus
- Studying iron overload in Substantia Nigra in Idiopathic rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder (iRBD) patients and Parkinson’s disease patients using Quantitative Susceptibility Mapping (QSM) and R2* mapping.
- Evaluating Substantia Nigra Neuromelanin damage in Idiopathic rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder (iRBD) patients and Parkinson’s disease patients using multimodal MRI to monitor disease progression.
He regularly contributes to some prestigious international conferences such as the Annual Meeting of Organization of Human Brain Mapping (OHBM), International Congress of Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders (MDS), and the Annual Meeting of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM).
Rahul is interested in a much deeper understanding of how the human mind and brain work and is driven to solve the world’s biggest challenges through innovation.
He is a passionate public speaker and apart from promoting Science, he is a fitness enthusiast, loves salsa and learning languages, and can speak French, Turkish, Hindi, and some Romanian.